NEWS CELEBRITY ENTERTAINMENT FASHION HEALTH HOOK UP LEAKED LIFESTYLE MUSIC RELATIONSHIP VIDEOS

Wednesday 24 May 2017

PDP will lose Anambra Governorship Election: They Are Divided – Anambra PDP House Of Reps Member

PDP will lose Anambra Governorship Election: They Are Divided – Anambra PDP House Of Reps Member

PT: Are you saying there is every possibility you may dump the PDP?

Nwankwo: I haven’t said there is every possibility and I haven’t said there is no possibility.

I said that if remaining in PDP will make my people achieve their political objectives, the reason why I am here, then I’ll remain in PDP. But if it is threatened by my continued stay in the PDP then of course…. It is only a tree that will hear that it is going to be cut down that will stay in one place.

I will be guided by the political objectives of my people. I will also be seriously guided by which party stands the best chance to make things happen for my people.

PT: The Anambra governorship election is just around the corner. How bright are the chances of the 

PDP given the leadership crisis at the centre? Can the PDP upstage Willie Obiano in the contest?

Nwankwo: It is a very simple thing.

Failure and success are by choice and the two alternatives are before PDP. If they choose success, they must come together. If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand. If they (PDP) want to fail, they will be divided as they are and if they remain divided, they have chosen to fail.

If they decide to come together and stay under one umbrella which is their logo then they become a united front.

 So, they should mobilize the people and bring them together and tell them ‘you will do our bidding, not that of any individual.  Anything other than that, I see very thick clouds.


PT: Some say you Anambrarians have too much money and that is why you don’t agree, politically. Can you provide some insight into this claim?

Nwankwo: To play politics in Anambra state is very stressful because of the nature of human resource capital in that state.

The society is republican and there is a very high political awareness and also individuals are not people that can be pushed around. I think that is more like it other than money.

Money is playing its own role but I’m looking at the nature of Anambra society, the people are very enlightened. You can’t find more than 30 per cent of the voters to be illiterates and unenlightened.

 They look into your eyes and tell you what they want to tell you.

There are so many “big fishes” or “big trees” but no matter how mighty a tree is, if it doesn’t take care, it will fall. That is the lesson they don’t know. Most of the time they keep fighting each other.

But my advice to them is that Anambra would be a better state than it is now if they can achieve a political consensus, if they can be driven by a shared vision to be the greatest state in Nigeria. It is one state that has the lowest level of poverty in Nigeria.

I’m not saying they are the richest in the federation. You can rarely find a typical village in Anambra state where there are no basic amenities.

 It is as a result of the nature of the society, the blessing God has deposited upon the people and the state.

 I will advise them to look inwards to do some kind of introspective analysis and not to push their luck too far and take their blessings for granted.

 They should come together as people united by passion and vision then build the strongest state in Nigeria.

 I know you will talk about Lagos but I will also tell you that a good percentage of the productivity in Lagos is coming from Anambra State.

PT: Do you intend to run as governor of Anambra State?

Nwankwo: If God finds me probable and worthy, I will be a willing tool, I will be very glad to serve my people but I wouldn’t be desperate about it.

I will wait for my own time. When the time and tide favours my choice, no man can stop it.

As for now, I’m a legislator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that is the job I am seriously committed to doing for now.




































source_premium times

0 comments:

Post a Comment